Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Roadside Grub Horrors #3





This is late breaking news and I am thrilled to bring it to you now:

KFC is test marketing in Rhode Island and Nebraska their KFC "double-down" sandwich, where bread isn't necessary because the rolls have been replaced by fried chicken (oh, that's low in fat). Yes, the sandwich consists of two fried chicken fillets, with a filling of bacon, cheese and the Colonel's sauce (I'm guessing, but 2,800 calories). Michael Jackson's doctor goes to jail on manslaughter for a chemical cocktail and KFC merrily will kill thousands more with a deadly luncheon meal. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll agree that choosing this meal may not be the healthiest choice on the highway. But if you were with a carmate and a pooch, this may be an economical meal.
    1 piece of chicken to driver
    1 piece of chicken to trip captain
    cheese and bacon to pooch
    fries and drink shared
    Not a bad snack for all for $7.00.

    Agree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, when you put it that way I guess the damage isn't so terrible. I don't know why I am complaining anyway. I had 4 sausage patties and 2 pieces of French toast smothered in butter and maple syrup this Sunday morning. Thanks, as always, for your comments.

    ReplyDelete